Sunday, August 8, 2010

Edit turns a so-so pic into a Keeper!

So - here's the keeper:


This is how it started out.....


nothing to write home about, right??

I didn't like this picture and thought I probably wouldn't use it at all.  But while I was playing in Photoshop Elements, I decided to see what would happen if I cropped out all the cars.  The full edit only consisted of:

  •   cropping
  •   increasing the contrast
  •   darkening the highlights
  •   playing with the saturation levels
  •   adding text
You should probably also know that THIS was the first shot I took of the scene...



We had been at the park all day.  We were loading up the kids and parents and grandparents into the cars.  It was hot, sticky, and we were TIRED!!!!  I wanted a shot of the lights, but I felt rushed because everyone wanted to go home.  I was getting frustrated because I couldn't hold still for the shot.  (who could??  It was a 15-20 second exposure!)

My husband asked what was the matter and I told him that "I just can't get it!"  I was ready to give up.  We were all getting a little cranky at this point and I was no exception!  He turned around and pulled my tripod out of the trunk.  (That's where the tripod is currently living, so I will always have it when I need it!)  He then walked back to the car and starting getting kids ready to ride home.  That left me with the opportunity to take a couple of pics before we left the parking lot.  It only took me about 2 minutes.


What a wonderful guy!!!  


3 comments:

MarieElizabeth said...

Beautiful. What a great guy for understanding why getting that shot, even after a full day, still mattered.

~JarieLyn~ said...

I agree. What a wonderful guy. Great end result too. I love the photo.

DawnTreader said...

Good job! Could be used as an advertisement poster!