Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Action Shots and Camera Angle

Something cool I learned recently...  If you turn the camera at an angle, you can add movement, tension or even dizziness to a photo.  This is called a "Dutch Angle" although some people refer to it as a "Batman Angle". 

I tried it with this set of action shots from the daughter's birthday party.  They start out with a nice sense of movement, but I think I got carried away with the angling by the end!!!




I almost feel like I'm falling!!  How cool!









Then I decided to flip my camera.  Not that smart really.  I think it would have been more effective if I'd kept the camera the same the entire time.  But, of course, the girls were moving....  I also think, that in this instance, the tilt works better to the right instead of the left.



Have fun with this one!!

Much Love!

Tiffany

2 comments:

Window On The Prairie said...

You can also slow down the shutter speed to slightly blur the action.
Suzanne

betty-NZ said...

Great shots to prove that a little 'different' is good!!