Thursday, June 27, 2013

Beyond Repair

Frustrated and disappointed.  I think that pretty well sums it up.

My camera has been pronounced more expensive to fix than to replace.  Whatever is wrong is in the prongs that the CF card plugs into.  I have been without a camera for over a month and, needless to say, I feel deprived.



So, I have begun to save my money to buy a new one.  Now the fun part - shopping!!!

What should I get?  I am just beginning to do research, but based on experience, I know I would like a digital SLR.  I have previously owned a Canon and loved it, but I have only had it 5 years and now it's out of commission.  Not that it might have been dropped....  maybe....  *innocent whistle*

While I own a couple of Canon lenses and would only need a body, I have heard that Nikon camera lenses are universal - that even lenses from decades ago will fit a new camera.  That sounds very appealing!!

Along with an SLR, there have been times in the past few years when I could have really used a "point and shoot".  Occasions when the event I am attending will not allow an SLR camera with a detachable lens.  (Think music concerts, live performances, etc.)  Something small and inexpensive is what I would like.

The guy at the camera store was seriously pushing a Sony, but it was nearly as big as an SLR (and just as expensive.)  I think he was thinking to replace the SLR with this kicked up point and shoot that looked like an SLR on the outside, but doesn't have a mirror.  I'll admit it had some pretty awesome features, but I'm not sure that's where I want to go....

 Currently, I am using the camera on my phone which is completely unacceptable as far as I'm concerned!  It gets me photos like this:



That would be REO Speedwagon from the 18th row - not that you can tell.  :(

So, do any of you have suggestions?  Is there something out there you've had your eye one?  I would love to hear your thoughts!  :)

Tiffany

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Do you realize there is a 12 word phrase you can speak to your partner... that will induce intense feelings of love and instinctual attraction for you buried within his heart?

Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, idolize and protect you with his entire heart...

=====> 12 Words Who Trigger A Man's Love Impulse

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

In fact, triggering this dominant impulse is so important to getting the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You'll instantly notice him expose his mind and soul for you in such a way he never experienced before and he'll perceive you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly understood him.