Thursday, June 9, 2011

Farmers Market Finds - Catching the Beauty...

One of the hardest things for me is trying to convey to people what something is like through a photograph.  When I take photos for my own pleasure, I am often capturing something specific just for me.  But when I take photos for an article, I find myself wondering if the photos will really express what is actually there.

Am I making them say enough?  Are they saying too much?  Oh well, I decided to take the most beautiful pictures I knew how and let the editor deal with the rest!

For a recent online article, I visited the local farmers market with a staff writer and took pictures while she interviewed the vendor.

Here are some shots from an organic tea stand.  While I don't care for tea to drink, the aroma was glorious!  I hope the pictures can convey this as well!

Scooping tea into a bag for sale



They also had homemade organic fruit butters


While I tried to take advantage of how prettily the sun shone off the jars, I should have brought something to shade some of the shots (see the tea below).  Even though it was only 9:00 in the morning, the sun was already pretty high - (it's summer here.)

Ginger-Peach Tea


Enjoy life!

Tiffany

No comments: