Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Photographer's Style

I've been reading a lot of photography books, blogs, websites, tutorials, etc. this summer.  One of the things I have read over and over is that the photographer must find their own style.  It is something that develops over time and sometimes takes a while to show itself.

So I began wondering if I had a style yet.  While I've been focusing on photography intensely the last couple of months, I've been a shutterbug for years.  I started wondering about my photos and looking through all the catalogs I have. 


I found that:

    a)  I have a lot of macros

    b)  I take a lot of shots of flowers

    c)  and nature

    d)  I still don't like my landscapes.....  working on that.


Anyway, here are a few shots that I took yesterday afternoon.  They fit into my flower/nature style quite well.






















I guess it's time to focus on something that is a little more out of my normal realm.

No comments: