Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The 10-Minute Walk

For practicing photography today, I decided to do the "10 minute" assignment.  The idea is great and very easy - I will probably do this one several times.  Follow these steps:


*  Go out of your front door with the camera.

*  Head in any direction and walk for 10 minutes - not 9, not 11, but exactly 10.

*  When you reach the 10 minute mark, take an artfully composed photo of what you see.


The idea behind the assignment is this - great shots are everywhere and anywhere, but we often don't see them.  This is especially true close to home.  As a photographer, you have to learn to truly look at things and see them as potential photos.



Here's my shot  (SOOC):




I happened to stop near a CUTE (!!!!) pup, but he was behind a chain-link fence.... and I also happened to stop right where the sidewalk changed from concrete to brick!!  Love it!!

"The question is not what you look at but what you see."  -  Henry David Thoreau

No comments: