Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mode Dial - Sport Mode

The Sport Mode on the mode dial is a life saver for me.  Not only does it help you shoot several shots in rapid succession, it does this because it has a very fast shutter speed.  This is SO helpful when you are in a setting (like the swimming pool in the summer) where the light is very bright.  The faster shutter speed helps keep my pictures from being overexposed until I learn how to set the exposure and use the light meter.

Here are my shots from today's practice.  Notice they are taken one right after another.  This is the only mode that allows rapid fire shooting.   :)









By the way, did you notice that water in the photo above?  You can see the little drops and it doesn't look like a blur.  That's the fast shutter speed again.  Very cool!  I'm going to try to find more things this summer that can be caught with the sport mode.  I automatically think of fast moving people or cars, but I'm sure there are lots of other things out there where this will create visual delight. 


^^^^^^^^^  my favorite shot of the day. ^^^^^^^^^^^^



Aren't summers wonderful?  :)

Blessings to all!

No comments: