Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New TOY!!!!

I am so excited!  My husband and I were at the store and walked by this.  It was on sale for 1/2 price!!



For those of you who want the specs - it is a 55-250 mm 1: 4-5.6 with image stabilizer.  I've been wanting this lens, but it was always a little too pricey for me.

I was looking at it and the salesman asked if I wanted to see it - he took it out of the cabinet and that's when we noticed that the displayed sale price actually said through July 2nd. (oops!)

Since the advertised price was still displayed, even though the price had expired, they HAD to sell it to us at the displayed price.  My husband and I knew that as soon as we walked away from the counter, the price would disappear!!!  So we snatched it right up!!!!  :) 

I am SO excited!!!

Here are a few of the shots I caught on Independence Day with my new lens!  (all of them are SOOC)  I can't wait to show you more in the days to come!  :)

Don't forget to check out my Photo Project Blog!  I'm currently doing a photo a day in July, then planning to do a photo a week (with maybe a few added in) starting in August!  

Sweet Friend!



Husband and Assistant Grill-man


Neighbor Dude and the evening's Grill-Meister

Lovely neighbor and friend!
Youngest daughter - spotted me taking the photos

I'm so disappointed that this is blurry... I caught her as she was walking past me.  The look on her face is priceless!!  :)

Watching people light fireworks

Older daughter - beautiful young lady!


I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday weekend!  :)

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay, I know how you must feel with your new lens...wanting to do nothing more than get acquainted with it ;) Lots of smiles in this batch...nice.

Maya said...

I like the picture of Rachel (I hope I recalled and spelled her name right) watching fireworks and the neighbor picture.... I love all of your work!