Friday, July 29, 2011

FMTSO - Pink!!

As I read the theme for this week's shoot-out, I knew exactly where I would go!

The them this week is pink, and there is a building in town that I personally think qualifies!

Check this out:


Check out those windows!  They sure look pink to me.

I also went for a drive with my daughter in the Potwin area of Topeka.  In this neighborhood, there are wonderful old Victorian homes that have been restored and look beautiful.  I thought we might find pink there.




So Lovely!  How amazing are those?!?  I have always loved Victorian homes.  :)

Then, as we were driving, my daughter (the one with a birthday this weekend) grabbed the camera and shot these pink things.



I wasn't as convinced as she was that the truck is actually pink, but she wanted to get it anyway.  We were driving so it's a little blurry....

Then, before we headed home, we had to take advantage of one of my favorite things - Happy Hour at Sonic.  As we were in the drive through, we spotted this sign.



Perfect end to a relaxing afternoon outing!  To see the PINK in other towns around the world, check out the shoot out page!

Friday My Town Shootout

____________________________________

We are enjoying the overcast skies today - our high is only expected to get up to 91 degrees this afternoon.  What a relief!!  It is so surprising to me what a 10 degree difference makes!

Have a wonderful Friday!

Much Love, 
Tiffany

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Victorian home. Thought I might find some in my town too, but nada. The light shining on some things does make them look different. At least you and daughter had a good day.
QMM

MizzKay said...

A multi coloured home, how cool is that? Flamingos my firm favourite though.

MadSnapper said...

lots of pink in you town. I really love old houses and these are special. I have seen the sun paint windows before but never pink. great job on searching for pink

Jillian said...

I love Happy Hour at Sonic too! :D Such good pictures. The truck might have been pink at a time. And I love the 2nd home pictured--reminds me of the house from UP!

In the eye of the beholder said...

I love Victorian Homes too. That is a great way to end the trip with a cool drink from sonic. Did you have a strawberry shake there pink?

Tiffany in Topeka said...

Actually, now that you ask, we did get a strawberry slush! haha! :)

Jama said...

I love that colourful Victorian building, it's so beautiful!

Bagman and Butler said...

OH YES! Pink flamingoes!! I forgot about that classic. And I love the first shot.

EG CameraGirl said...

The oink windows are gorgeous! Ha! Pink flamingos are perfect!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ooooooo great Pinks!! I adore Victorian homes..especially when they have been gingerbreaded up!! I totally messed up my shootout...didn't read the rules..geesh and I am a leader in the group..sigh! Hugs, Sarah

Unknown said...

I love the pinks you found in your town. the homes are soooooo pretty. I love the detail on them. and of course, like the last pink posted. yum!!