Sunday, August 14, 2011

Variations on a Theme

I took this photo from the passenger's seat of the car.  (No, I wasn't driving...)

Original Shot - SOOC


It's sort of "blah", but I knew what I was going after.




Cropped Image


That's a little more like it!  But while I had PS Elements open, I decided to play around a bit.  I really liked the way the clouds were swirling and I wanted to try to bring that out.  Here are a few things I came up with.


Adjusted Color Curves for Backlighting, and Mid-Tone Contrast

Here I really pumped up the Saturation and the Contrast - I love the warm hues

Then I chose "Solarize" in the Color Curves menu.  This was kind of cool!  I like the colors


Hey, what if I combine them into one??



Not too bad!  Maybe not museum quality, but for about 30 minutes of playing around, it's kinda cool.

Have fun out there!  :)

Much Love!

Tiffany



2 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

I like it when they're put all together in the four frames. Its really nice and colorful.

MarieElizabeth said...

The collage really shows off the differences. That would look really neat framed for an office or something.