Monday, May 31, 2010

Subjects

*Today's Disclaimer - all of today's pictures are over 15 years old and were taken with a cheap point and  shoot that I bought at TG&Y.

One of the first things I learned as a teenager with a point and shoot was to take pictures of people.

 This was my freshman English class.

Group of friends before graduation.


Partly because those were the photos that I cherished most years later.  The other reason was that my landscapes and flower pictures didn't turn out the way I wanted.  In fact, they often didn't even look anything near the real life beauty I saw.  I pretty much gave up trying to shoot sunsets, flowers, landscapes, animals, etc.




The Grand Canyon - not looking so Grand


Mesa Verde - not looking so verde


Not any more!!  My goal for this summer is to figure out how to take a spectacular sunset.  I mean I live in the middle of the Great Plains of the US - how can I not take pictures of the gorgeous sunsets we get?  Isn't the reason I want to take pictures to share the beauty I see around me with others?  Of course it is!

So - enough with the bad pictures.  Let me share with you some of my happy accidents.  I call them that because, despite the fact that I hadn't a clue what I was doing, they actually turned out fairly well.  Of course they could be better, but I was learning along the way.  :)




I love these because they remind me of the places I visited.  Are they postcard worthy?  No, not even close.  Next time I travel to Austria, I'm going to be ready to take amazing pictures!

Tomorrow - cropping the pictures!

PS - Happy Memorial Day!  :)

No comments: